REVISION Breast Surgery
Model. Not actual patient.
The Benefits of Revision Cosmetic Breast Surgery
You're currently unhappy with the results of your cosmetic breast surgery. Whether you had your surgery done recently or years ago, you need to resolve the issues you're experiencing so you can finally get the results you want.
Revision breast surgery can help you resolve a number of issues.
Revision Breast Augmentation
- You can get a breast implant exchange or removal by switching your current implants to a different size, shape or type. You may even want to remove them altogether. This can be done for one or both breast implants.
- You can reposition your implants by modifying the pocket, moving them to a higher or lower place on your chest.
- You can address a complication such as infection or capsular contracture (excessive scar tissue around the implant). Such complications may cause severe discomfort and require surgical intervention to resolve.
- You can exchange your implants and make your breasts perkier at the same time in a procedure known as a breast augmentation lift.
Revision Breast Lift
- You can achieve improved symmetry in your breast shape and perkiness.
- You can reduce the appearance of scarring.
- You can remove modify your results for added lift.
Our patients experience great benefits from undergoing this procedure. Not only can they resolve a complication that may threaten their wellbeing, they're also ecstatic to finally enjoy the results they had hoped to achieve from their original surgery!
The Revision Cosmetic Breast Surgery
The surgery is performed on an outpatient basis and general anesthesia is administered.
There is a wide range of surgical techniques that may be applied during your particular procedure. As a result, your surgery may follow a different path according to your desired improvement. The goal is to first resolve any health complications that may exist before addressing any aesthetic issues.
We try to make the incisions in the same place as the original surgery, if possible. That way, you won't be left with any additional scars. Current scars may also be reduced in appearance. However, if this isn't possible, any new scars that are made are kept to a minimum.
Incisions are closed with layered sutures that are reinforced to provide extra support. In the event an implant is placed, the pocket is sutured to the fascia attaced to the rib within the breast fold. We do this to protect the implant from becoming displaced, dramatically reducing the risk of "double bubble".
Your Cosmetic Breast Surgery Revision Recovery
You'll get a complete list of care instructions that you can follow to help make your recovery a smoother, and faster, one. These instructions may include the following:
- limitations on physical activity, including restricting the amount of exercise and lifting you can do
- avoiding baths and pools for a couple of weeks to help minimize the risk of infection
- protecting your scars from sun exposure so they can heal properly
- wearing a supportive bra for a few weeks
Typically, the optimal results can be seen in about six months, once swelling subsides.
Cosmetic Breast Surgery Revision FAQ
The appearance of augmented breasts can gradually change following surgery. This is related to tissue expansion. Tissue expansion causes the implants to become less compressed, allowing them to take on a more natural appearance.
Breast implant revision is a surgical procedure that resolves issues arising from a previous breast augmentation. Implants placed in a previous surgery may be removed or replaced. The breast pocket may also be modified to better accommodate the implant.
A breast lift revision is a surgical procedure that resolves concerns that arise from a previously performed breast lift. This may fix any complications that have occurred, or modify results to achieve a more desirable outcome.
The recovery rate following cosmetic breast revision surgery depends on why the surgery was performed and the patient. Recovery can be shorter or longer. However, you should expect to take 1-2 weeks off at the minimum, much like your previous breast surgery.
Pocket revision is a surgical procedure that modifies the pocket created for a breast implant. The pocket may be modified to create a more desirable surgical outcome, and resolve issues such as double bubble and symmastia.
Please wait for about 3-6 months to allow the initial results of your breast augmentation to appear first. Swelling and tissue expansion can prevent the results from appearing and it takes about that amount of time for both issues to resolve.
If you're still unhappy with the results of your breast augmentation after this time frame, you should return to your original surgeon to discuss your issues. You can also consult with another surgeon, however, you may want to consider obtaining your surgical records for your new surgeon so that they can refer to them during your consultation.
You can finally get the look you want!
Talk to us. We're here for you.
You want to be happy with your appearance. Why wait to make it reality? Simply fill in the form with your details and we will help you make it happen! If you'd like to talk to us directly instead, please call 931-381-2802 to chat with one of our friendly patient care representatives.
1601 Hatcher Ln.
Columbia, TN 38401