Model. Not actual patient.
The Benefits of Breast Augmentation
Your eyelids can change drastically as you age. Wrinkles, lines, and excess skin can cloud your expressions and make you look old and fatigued. An eyelid lift is a rejuvenating surgical procedure designed specifically to help your eyes look younger, more energetic, and more expressive. Because your eyes are so important to non-verbal communication, an eyelid lift results in a profound but natural looking transformation of the entire face.
The benefits of eyelid lift, then, tend to be quite exceptional. Those benefits often include:
- You’ll look a lot younger. The removal of excess skin from around the eyes makes a huge difference in how old you appear. This transformation is somewhat pronounced because the eyes are such an important focal point.
- Your face will be more expressive. Your eyes are usually one of your most expressive features. But excess skin can hide those features and obscure your expressions. After an eyelid lift, you’ll likely be more expressive.
- It’s possible you’ll be able to see a little better. In many cases, excess skin around the eyes can begin to droop downwards, obscuring your field of vision. Eyelid lift clears that up, so you’ll see more of the world!
- You’ll have more awareness, especially in the evening. In darker environments, your eyelids will block more light from your eyes, making everything seem dim. After an eyelid lift, you’ll probably notice how much brighter the world looks!
- The people around you may start making fewer false assumptions. Drooping skin and wrinkles around the eyes can make you look sad or tired when you really aren’t. Eyelid lift can help you look as energized and content as you really feel.
- Results that last. The natural looking transformation from surgical eyelid lift is effectively permanent, so you won’t need to worry about those wrinkles making their way back for years.
- You’ll feel better. You might notice a boost of confidence and self-esteem.
An eyelid lift is sometimes coupled with other procedures, such as brow lift or facelift, in order to further heighten their collective benefits. However, eyelid lift is often performed as a singular procedure designed to make the eyelids look more alert and youthful.
The Eyelid Lift Surgery
Eyelid lift surgery is performed without an overnight stay, allowing you the ability to do most of your recuperation and healing in the comfort of your own home. Depending on your comfort level and preferences, you may receive general anesthesia or a local anesthetic (with sedation).
Upper eyelid lift
The upper eyelid lift tightens excess tissues or repositions fat deposits that are prevalent throughout the upper eyelid. The incision is made along the natural crease of the eyelid, so as to be better hidden once healing is complete.
When excess tissues, wrinkles, or folds collect along the bottom eyelid, a lower eyelid lift is performed. The incision is again made along the natural fold of the lower eyelid (in this case, just below the eyelashes).
It is not uncommon for some patients to require both an upper and lower eyelid lift in order to achieve their desired results. Once the incisions are made, fat deposits can be repositioned or removed as needed. Excess tissue is also removed. The incisions are then sutured and recovery can begin.
Enjoying Your Eyelid Lift Results
If you have questions about your recovery period, you should ask our surgeons during your consultation. We spend a significant amount of time with every patient, detailing this procedure during consultations and pre-op visits so you know precisely what to expect!
Once your recovery is complete, you’ll be able to enjoy the full benefits of your eyelid lift procedure. Your vision will be brighter. Your face will be more expressive. And your eyes will look happier and more youthful!
An eyelid lift creates a subtle, natural looking transformation that can make a big improvement in how you look!
Talk to us. We're here for you.
You want to be happy with your appearance. Why wait to make it reality? Simply fill in the form with your details and we will help you make it happen! If you'd like to talk to us directly instead, please call 931-381-2802 to chat with one of our friendly patient care representatives.
1601 Hatcher Ln.
Columbia, TN 38401