Model. Not actual patient.
The Benefits of a Facelift
You want to look, and feel, young again. A facelift can do that for you.
The procedure is designed to achieve a smoother and more refined facial structure that resembles a younger, energized you.
- You'll look less stressed out and more relaxed, like you've just come back from a great holiday.
- You'll look more energetic, which in turn will make you feel more energetic, too.
- Your makeup will go on easier and smoother.
- You'll be better able to maintain your competitive edge at work.
- You'll feel more outgoing.
Imagine what other benefits you can experience with your new look!
Types of Facelift
SMAS stands for superficial musculoaponeurotic system, a network of tissues overlying the cheeks and lower face. This facelift modifies the SMAS and elevates it to reduce and eliminate minor to moderate sagging.
Deep Plane Facelift
To address more extensive sagging in the cheeks and middle of the face, the deep plane facelift targets muscles and tissues that are located deeper than the SMAS. This is usually for older patients.
Sagging of the skin and muscles in the neck can be tightened with a neck lift, performed at the same time as your facelift.
Our ultimate goal is to give you a younger and more natural look, without that overly tight and abnormal appearance. We do this by targeting the muscles and other underlying structures of your face and neck to form a stronger foundation, while removing just enough skin.
The restorative effects of your facelift can also be complemented by another procedure for total facial rejuvenation, such as a brow lift, eyelid lift or injectable treatment.
The Facelift Surgery
A facelift can be performed under local anesthesia with sedation or general anesthesia. It does not require an overnight stay at the surgical facility. You'll be able to go home after a few hours.
Typically, incisions are made within or along the hairline so any resulting scars are barely visible. The incision may extend from above the ear going downward around the earlobe, where it ends behind the ear within the hairline. If a neck lift is also performed, an additional incision may be made under the chin. From here, tissues are tightened and modified.
The entire procedure can take a few hours.
Your Facelift Recovery
You can expect the following things during your recovery:
- Any dressings and drains (if necessary) that are placed immediately after surgery should be left in place. The drains will be removed the next day during your followup appointment, and the dressings are replaced. Two days after surgery, the dressings will be removed.
- Medication can be prescribed to alleviate discomfort.
- Any nonabsorbable sutures will be removed within two weeks.
- Bruising and swelling are typical side effects and gradually disappear over the weeks and months following surgery. Keep your head elevated and ice packs can be used.
- While you may see an immediate improvement, please allow the majority of bruising and swelling to disappear before assessing your results. Usually, our patients are able to see their results in about a month or two.
It is important to note that the more extensive your facelift and neck lift, the longer your recovery may be.
According to one medical study, patients who've had a facelift rate themselves as looking about 12 years younger. Our patients sometimes say they think they look even younger!
Talk to us. We're here for you.
You want to be happy with your appearance. Why wait to make it reality? Simply fill in the form with your details and we will help you make it happen! If you'd like to talk to us directly instead, please call 931-381-2802 to chat with one of our friendly patient care representatives.
1601 Hatcher Ln.
Columbia, TN 38401